Saturday, April 9, 2011

A DO OVER!




Ever wished you could have a do over day, well that was my day today. Here I spent the last 3 months training, running and more training. Today was race day.... To begin, I had major anxiety, but we had a great start. Ran the first 5 miles in less than 50 min. While suffering with side splinters. Then made it to the sand pit. WHAT THE HECK! Hills, I don't like hills, and I don't remember reading about any hills, and they were very sandy. from Mile 6-8 so it was hard to get my footing. Then I ended up with an ankle injury, Oh and Aunt flow thought she needed to throw in that challenge as well today! It just wasn't my day, I guess I won't be checking a full marathon off my bucket list today, lets hope for a better day tomorrow.

1 comment:

Kay said...

Oh I'm sorry. You look fantastic though! I am sure the next one will be the one!